Search this blog

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

July 13th

The Fanciest Picnic

We went to my dad's community band concert tonight and decided to have a picnic dinner.  My favorite sushi restaurant is right across the street from the concert lawn, so it was the perfect opportunity for some amazing sushi.  Sushi might not be the food you think of when you think of picnics, but it actually was quite perfect.  It's cold, so you don't have to worry about your food staying hot.  And it comes in a nice little tray that is convenient to eat out of on a picnic blanket.  And it's just so much more delicious than most other picnic foods.

Spicy Soft Shell Crab Roll
Asian Harbor
Homewood, IL

I LOVE Asian Harbor.  I think I could eat there every day.  I have pretty much only ever had their sushi, so I can't speak to their other foods, but the sushi is sooooo good.  I have had sushi all over the country and this is my favorite place.  The fish seems fresh, the flavor combinations are awesome, and they put lots and lots of sauce on their rolls.  Some people might think that they put too much sauce, but I love it - the more sauce the better!

Grades:

Megan - A+ (Their Spicy Softshell Crab roll is my favorite of the ones I've had there.  I guess I should branch out and try some new rolls.)

Noelle - A (Noelle had beef fried rice because even though I think she might like the sushi, I worry that it will be too hard for her to chew the seaweed.  She loved the fried rice and ate quite a bit of it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment