Search this blog

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

August 4th

Scrounging Up A Salad

Sometimes you have to just scrounge through your fridge to find things you can throw together to make a dinner.  Tonight Noelle ate dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, but since I am trying to eat healthier, Doug and I just had a drink at the restaurant and waited till we got home to eat dinner.  I have to say, I made a pretty good salad for just scrounging things up!

Egg and Almonds Salad

Sorry - I forgot to take a picture.  But I'm sure you can envision it.

This salad was really simple and really good!  It would be perfect for a quick, easy, and healthy lunch.

Ingredients:
  • 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
  • lettuce or spinach
  • almond slices
  • balsamic vinegar
  • olive oil
  • salt and pepper
Directions:
  1.  Mix the olive oil, balsamic, and salt and pepper together in a bowl to taste.  I like mine pretty vinegary, so I don't add much oil.
  2. put the lettuce, almonds, and eggs in a bowl and pour the dressing over the top.
Grades:

Megan - A (yummy and simple - just the way I like it!)

Noelle - Noelle had a delicious restaurant meal because she's so fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment