Search this blog

Friday, August 11, 2017

July 26th

Cousin Time

Tonight I had a much needed night out and met up with my cousins for dinner.  We had good conversation, good drinks, good food, and got to try a new restaurant.

Fish Tacos
Obsessed Kitchen & Bar
Oak Park, IL

These were not any old fish tacos.  They were crispy fish tacos with black bean, sweet corn relish, guajillo gastric, and candied lime.  They were quite fantastic. 
It was my first time at this place and I would go back for sure.  The fish tacos were amazing, but we also shared a couple appetizers that were equally as good.  We had Parmesan truffle fries (yum!), and crispy brussel sprouts.  I'd recommend getting both of those.  I was surprised by the brussel sprouts because they were shaved rather than whole, but they were so crispy and roasted to perfection with an amazing sauce.
I also had an "Obsessed Fashioned" which was a delicious drink.

Grades:

Megan - A+ (Loved it and will be back!)

Noelle - Sometimes I need a Noelle-free night and this was it.  Don't worry...Noelle was fed dinner.  Just not at a restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment