Search this blog

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

August 6th

Go Cubs, Go!

Doug and I went to a Cubs game this afternoon and it was so much fun!  It was great to get to spend time with each other, see the amazing new things in the ballpark, eat some good baseball food, and watch the game (even though the Cubs lost).

Hot Dog, Pretzel, Popcorn, and some Shaved Snow
Wrigley Field, Snow Junkie

So we ate a lot of yummy ballpark food at the game, which I secretly admit is my favorite part of going to a baseball game.  The game was good and it looked like the Cubs were going to win until the end when they lost.  Oh well, there's nothing like being at a Cubs game.  I wish I went to them more often.

Then after the game we stumbled upon this little shop called Snow Junkie and wandered into wonderfulness.  They have two different menu items: shaved snow or Eggettes.  I got the shaved snow and Doug got the Eggette.  Ok...they both were ridiculously amazing. 
I'll start with the snow.  Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of mine.  I don't really know what shaved snow is, but whatever it is, it is sooooo good.  Not like a sno cone...gross, I don't like sno cones.  This is soft, creamy, flavored, shaved ice.  Almost like ice cream, but different.  You get to choose your snow flavor and I chose pina colada.  Then you chose your toppings.  I had strawberries and coconut.  Then you choose a drizzle.  I had condensed milk.  You guys...this was amazing.  My mouth is watering thinking about it and I wish there was a shaved snow place closer to me! 
Doug got the Eggette.  It is basically a puffy waffle that they can fill with different toppings and then they wrap it up with ice cream and stuff inside.
He had an original Eggette with vanilla ice cream, cinnamon toast crunch, a macaroon, and chocolate drizzle.  It was also amazing.  I'll have to make my own Eggette concoction next time!

Grades:

Megan - A+ (I got a little sidetracked from writing about the game with all this snow and Eggette talk, but I figured you all know what a ballpark hot dog and pretzel looks and tastes like.  It's not every day you get to hear about shaved snow and Eggettes.  Seriously though...if you're in Chicago, go to a Cubs game because the Cubs are awesome, Wrigley is awesome, and there just no experience like it.  Then stop by Snow Junkie and experience this crazy deliciousness.  Just be warned...these things are seriously hand crafted and take some time for them to make, so you might have to wait a while.  We did, but it was worth it!)

Noelle - Noelle was not with us, but I need to take her to Snow Junkie because I know she would be obsessed like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment