Search this blog

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

July 12th

Grill Yo Fruit

Grilled fruit is so good!  Ok, I've only really tried grilled peaches, pineapple, and watermelon, but all three of those are amazing grilled.  It really brings out the juices and the sweetness.  The best is if you get a little caramelization on the fruit.  Try it - it's so easy and really amps up your fruit.

Grilled Peach and Berry Salad
recipe from: http://www.homemadeinterest.com/grilled-peach-berry-summer-salad/





This salad was great.  It has a little bit of everything - grilled fruit, berries, cheese, and a yummy dressing.  It was really summery and perfect for when those juicy peaches are in season.

I grilled my peaches on a skillet on the stove because I didn't want to walk down 3 flights of stairs, turn on the grill, wait for it to heat up, and then wait for them to cook just for a couple peaches.  I'm sure it would've been even better on the grill because it would have had that nice charred taste.  But, they turned out pretty great on the stove too.

Grades:

Megan - A (I loved the taste of the grilled peaches with the salad and the creamy goat cheese almost gave it a peaches and cream type of flavor.)

Noelle - I still have not attempted to give Noelle a full salad because even though she's working her way up to it and will eat a couple pieces of lettuce now, I know she would never eat a full salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment