Search this blog

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

July 30th

I've Got a Sandwich, Sandwich Full of Veggies

I've made this sandwich many times and it's always a favorite.  It seems like it wouldn't be that filling because it is all vegetables, but there are lots of them and it fills you up.

California Grilled Veggie Sandwich
recipe from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/14504/california-grilled-veggie-sandwich/




I make a few changes to this recipe.  I always cook the veggies indoor in a pan because the grill is too annoying for me to get to.  I also have used a george forman grill to cook the veggies and press the sandwiches.  Also, this time I used goat cheese instead of feta because it was what I had and it was delish!  Any foccacia will do, but I like to use this tomato herb foccacia that I found at Jewel.

Grades:

Megan - A (The combination of the veggies, the super garlicy mayo, and the cheese with perfect crispy foccacia make this sandwich so, so good.  You really should try it!)

Noelle - B- (Noelle was excited about having a sandwich, but not so excited about the veggies inside.  She ate a little bit of the veggies but then had to remove them to eat just the bread.  She also was not excited about the goat cheese in it.  But, she was really happy that there were tomatoes on the bread!)

No comments:

Post a Comment