Search this blog

Friday, August 11, 2017

July 27th

Maybe Brazilian 

I have loved pretty much all the Brazilian food I've ever had.  Most of it has been at Brazilian Steakhouses where they bring out tons of delicious meats.  I have to say, tonight was nothing like that, but it was still good.

Brazilian Skirt Steak with Golden Garlic Butter
recipe from: http://www.finecooking.com/recipe/brazilian-skirt-steak-with-golden-garlic-butter




So, this dinner was delicious.  However, I'm not quite sure what makes it Brazilian.  I basically was just a steak with garlic butter poured over it. There's nothing wrong with steak soaked in garlic butter.  I like to think I made it more Brazilian by adding the fried plantains with it.

Grades:

Megan - A- (It was really garlicy, which is right up my alley.  The plantains were so good too!)

Noelle - C (I really thought Noelle would be a fan of this one.  She LOVES bananas, so I thought she'd love plantains too.  Nope.  I think she was expecting a banana taste and when it was totally different that she was expecting she was a little put off.  She did ask me if there were bananas in the plantains.  Even when I told her there were (oops...a little lie), she still wasn't eating them.  More for me!  I thought the steak was well cooked, but Noelle said it was chewy.  She still ate a bit of steak anyway.)

No comments:

Post a Comment