Search this blog

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

July 23rd

Back to Reality

It's always hard to get back to the daily grind after a vacation, so I was pretty proud of myself that I just jumped right in with dinner tonight after we got home from Michigan.  The fact that it was a delicious sandwich may have made it a little easier.

Chicken Pesto Panini
recipe from: http://www.yummyhealthyeasy.com/chicken-pesto-panini/




I used chicken lunch meat in this and store-bought pesto, which made this recipe super simple.  I also do not have a panini press, so I just grilled it in a pan as you would do with a grilled cheese.  It's really simple, but has such great flavor.  I think I should start using pesto on more of my sandwiches!

Grades:

Megan - A (I love the pesto flavor with the super melty cheese.)

Noelle - A- (I'm writing this a while after I made it, so it's hard for me to remember Noelle's exact reaction, but I know she liked it.  I think she was a little weirded out at first that it wasn't what she was expecting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment