Search this blog

Thursday, August 3, 2017

July 17th

You Can Never Have Too Much of a Good Thing

Our zucchini plant has been doing exactly what I hoped it would do and has been producing lots of blossoms.  You can never have too many zucchini blossoms (who needs the zucchini?).  Doug was out for dinner today, so I decided to treat myself.

Goat Cheese Stuffed Zucchini Blossoms
recipe by: me :)





I've tried a few different ways of preparing the zucchini blossoms and I think this is my favorite way (and probably the least healthy way).  A bonus is that you don't use much beer in the batter, so you get to drink the rest of the beer while you enjoy the blossoms.

Ingredients:

  • squash blossoms
  • goat cheese
  • flour
  • beer
  • oil
  • salt
Directions:
  1. Clean the blossoms.
  2. Stuff each blossom with some goat cheese.
  3. In a bowl, mix some flour and some beer (it should be about the consistency of pancake batter, but could be thicker or thinner depending on how heavy you like your batter)
  4. Heat vegetable oil on high until it is very hot.
  5. Dip each stuffed blossom in the batter and put it in the oil.
  6. Cook until lightly golden, flipping to the other side halfway through cooking.
  7. Remove from oil, salt, and enjoy!
Grades:

Megan - A+ (These are so, so, so good.  I've tried several different types of beer with them and I think lighter beers work best.  Wheat beers are good.  I've even used a fruity beer and that was great too!)

Noelle - D (Much to my dismay, Noelle has decided lately that she doesn't like goat cheese anymore.  Don't worry...I'll get her to like it again.  Since these are full of goat cheese, she wasn't into them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment