Search this blog

Friday, September 1, 2017

August 7th

Los Pollos Hermanos 

Did you watch Breaking Bad?  If not, do yourself a favor and watch it.  It's on my list of top 5 TV series of all time.  This salad has pretty much nothing to do with the show, but for some reason the first thing that popped into my head when I thought of taco salad was Los Pollos Hermanos.  Just watch it.  You can eat this salad while you watch!

Loaded Chicken Taco Salad with Creamy Cilantro Dressing
recipe from: https://www.averiecooks.com/2015/06/loaded-chicken-taco-salad-with-creamy-lime-cilantro-dressing.html




This salad was delicious!  The chicken was so flavorful and there were so many tasty ingredients involved that I really didn't need much dressing at all.  I have to say though, I loved the dressing and how easy it was to make.  I even used the leftover dressing as a dip for veggies and it was so good!
The only real change I made was that I did not add tortilla chips to mine because...diet.  For the same reason, I also did not add any sugar to the dressing.  And I really don't think it needed it.

Grades:

Megan - A (This was healthy and filling - that's a win in my book.  The dressing was really good and could be used for so many things if there is any leftover.)

Noelle - Noelle still isn't eating salad, but she did have some of the chicken and liked it a lot.  She was happy because she thought she was eating chicken nuggets.

No comments:

Post a Comment