Search this blog

Saturday, September 2, 2017

August 11th

Oodles of Zoodles

I pulled the trigger and bought a Veggetti, which is something I have been wanting for a while.  I was so excited to make my Zoodles and have a healthy alternative to pasta.   Then my sister came by telling me how disgusting she and her family think zoodles are and how much I am going to hate them.  How sad...my excitement about my new veggetti was slightly crushed but I decided to try them anyway.  And you know what??  She was wrong!  I like zoodles!  Of course they aren't as good as real pasta because hello...they are zucchini.  But, they were good and oh so healthy!

Garlic-Lime Cashew Zoodles
recipe from: https://www.saltandlavender.com/15-minute-garlic-lime-cashew-zoodles/
Ok...when you try zoodles DO NOT go into thinking, "this is going to taste just like pasta."  Instead, go into it thinking, "this is going to resemble pasta and be different than pasta, but still good, and soooo much healthier."
I think a good thing about this recipe is that it has carrots in it.  The carrots stay a little crisp.  And maybe I just haven't mastered my zoodle cooking yet, but my zoodles had a little crispness to them that pasta obviously doesn't have.  However, because there are the carrots in there it kind of tricks your brain into thinking, yeah...this is supposed to be a little crisp.
Another good thing about this recipe is that the sauce is packed full of flavor.  I think you need a strong tasting sauce to coat those zoodles so the zucchini taste is a little masked. 
Overall, my first attempt at Zoodles was a success...I'll definitely be making more.

Grades:

Megan - A (I really liked these and loved how easy and healthy they were.  The sauce was delicious and the cashews made it seem decadent.  Make sure to get unsalted cashews or your dish will be way too salty.  Also, I would spiralize way more zucchini than the recipe says because it really didn't make a very big serving.)

Noelle - Like I sad, this did not make a very big serving so between Doug and I, we ate it all leaving none left for Noelle to try.  Would she like zoodles??  We'll have to wait to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment