Search this blog

Monday, September 11, 2017

August 14th

I say tomato, you say tomahto...

We have been having quite the harvest of tomatoes from our little garden in back.  Get ready for lots more tomato recipes to come!

Chicken Caprese
recipe from: https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/chicken-caprese/




I love a good caprese salad or caprese sandwich, so why not add some protein into the mix and make caprese chicken!?  This would be fabulous with grilled chicken, but you all know I'm too lazy to go down three flights of stairs and grill my chicken, so I cooked it on the stovetop instead. 
It really doesn't get much easier than this...cook some chicken and slap some cheese, tomatoes, basil, and balsamic glaze on top.  Voila - dinner is served!

Grades:

Megan -A (tasty and easy - just the way I like it!  Pretty healthy too!)

Noelle - B- (Noelle had hers without the vinegar because I didn't think she'd be into that.  She gobbled up those tomatoes because I swear this girl would rather eat tomatoes that candy.  After that she had some chicken and cheese, but was pretty disappointed there weren't more tomatoes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment