Search this blog

Monday, September 4, 2017

August 13th

Worth the Wait

I have had these sandwiches on our weekly dinner menu for several weeks and we always ended up being busy on Sundays when I was going to make them so they kept getting pushed back to the next week.  After all this waiting, I was a little nervous that they wouldn't live up to all the hype and high expectations we had created for them in our heads.  But, I have to say, they were pretty delicious and worth the wait!

Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Sandwiches
recipe from: http://www.closetcooking.com/2015/05/huevos-rancheros-breakfast-sandwich.html

These were packed with flavor and for being a sandwich, they really aren't that unhealthy.  I tried to make mine healthier by using whole wheat english muffins.  I also didn't have any refried beans on mine, but Doug and Noelle did and it looked pretty amazing.

Grades:

Megan - A (I'm a sucker for a runny yolk and this sandwich had the perfect yolk that dripped onto the plate and created a nice sauce that I could dip my sandwich in.)

Noelle - A+ (I have never given Noelle an egg sandwich or an egg with a runny yolk and I guess I'm going to have to start doing it more because she was obsessed.  Her sandwich had everything except the salsa because I thought that would be too messy and maybe too spicy.  She ate the entire sandwich and was full of non-stop Mmmms.  She said, "I love my egg sandwich so much.  Thank you mommy for making me this sandwich.  It's so yummy!" and that just melted my heart.  You can have all the egg sandwiches in the world baby girl!)

No comments:

Post a Comment