Search this blog

Monday, September 4, 2017

August 12th

Fair Food

Today we went to our first state fair.   We went to the Wisconsin State Fair since it was the closest to us and it did not disappoint!  There were lots of fun activities for Noelle like seeing animals, going on rides, and playing games.  And there were fun activities for me, like eating and drinking :)  So many foods on sticks and so many different fried options.  It really was overwhelming and I wished I had planned out my food choices in advance.  But I made some pretty good decisions in the end.

So Many Things...
Here's a list of the things I tried:

Fried Old Fashioned (fried cake with the flavors of an Old Fashioned - orange, cherry, and bourbon) - I was really looking forward to this since Old Fashioneds are my favorite cocktail.  But, I was disappointed.  The flavors were kind of strange and not what I expected. 
Roasted Corn on the Cob
Spiral Dog (a hot dog wrapped in a fried spiralized potato, topped with sour cream and bacon bits) - yum - amazing
cheese curds - my favorite food of the fair
chocolate chip cookie dough on a stick - good, but slightly disappointing for some reason
Fried Oreo - This was delicious, but you couldn't taste the oreo that much.  It more just tasted like a doughnut 

Grades:

Megan - A (I loved the fair and can't wait to go back again sometime and try some new things.  there are so many choices so next time I will definitely be pre-mapping out my food!)

Noelle - A (Noelle loved every bit of it from the food to the rides.  It's pretty much a kid's paradise.)

No comments:

Post a Comment