Search this blog

Thursday, September 28, 2017

August 23rd

These are A Few Of My Favorite Things...

If I haven't told you before, my top three favorite foods are:
1.  Sushi
2. Chile Rellenos
3. Popcorn

Recently I was introduced to a new food; Poke Bowls.  They are sooooo good!  Just like sushi, but deconstructed into a bowl.

Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl
The Strand Brewery and Grill
Dowagiac, MI

I never would've thought I'd be ordering sushi (or poke bowls) from Dowagiac Michigan.  It's a little country lake town, that until recently barely even had any restaurants, let alone "fancy" restaurants and breweries.  Today we went to The Strand for dinner and I decided to risk it and try the poke bowl.  I am so glad I did!  It was fresh and delicious!  I will definitely be ordering it again.

The Strand is my new favorite place to eat/drink in Dowagiac.  If you're ever in the area, give it a try.  If the weather's good sit on the patio and you'll have great views of Round Lake (even if the weather is not that good, they have fire pits and heaters).  They have a great variety of food and the beer was tasty. 

Grades:

Megan - A+ (I need more Poke Bowls in my life.  I can't wait to go back to Michigan and have this again!)

Noelle - A+ (Noelle had a cheeseburger.  It was gigantic.  She ate it all.  She LOVED it.  She loved the food and she loved the grassy area to the side of the patio where she was running around with other kids while she waited for the food.)

No comments:

Post a Comment