Search this blog

Thursday, September 21, 2017

August 22nd

An Old Favorite

This recipe for shrimp and linguine has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid.  I never get to eat it this way though because Doug doesn't really like shrimp.  I have made it before on this blog with scallops.  It's good that way too, but honestly the best way is with Shrimp.  We were in Michigan and Doug wasn't there, so it was perfect opportunity to sneak some shrimp in!

Shrimp and Linguine
recipe from: Maureen Konieczny (my mom)





This is just so easy and so good.  You should try it and see for yourself!

Ingredients:


  • 1/2 cup margarine or butter (I went with butter . . . it's better!)
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 6 cloves of garlic (this is a lot, but I love garlic)
  • 1/2 lb – 1 lb of shrimp, peeled
  • 1/4 cup parsley
  • 1/4 tsp dried basil
  • 1/4 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • dash black pepper
  • 1 lb linguine
  • grated Parmesan cheese
 Directions:
  1. Melt butter in a saucepan, add oil and heat.
  2. Saute garlic and shrimp in the oil mixture over medium heat 2-3 minutes.

  3. Stir in parsley, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper.  Simmer 5-10 minutes.
  4. Cook linguini per package directions and drain well.
  5. In a large bowl toss linguine, sauce, and Parmesan cheese to taste. 
Grades:

Megan - A+ (I wish I could eat this more often.  I've tried to force Doug to like shrimp, but it's just not working.)

Noelle - A (Noelle ate a lot of this.  She especially liked the pasta, but she ate quite a few of the shrimp too!)



No comments:

Post a Comment