Search this blog

Saturday, September 2, 2017

August 10th

How Do You Roll?

Whenever a recipe says to roll meat with a filling inside I get really excited thinking, oh...my meat is going to be filled with yumminess and when I cut it open it will look like a perfect pinwheel just like the picture in the recipe.  Well, then I get to making it and realize I just don't have what it takes to roll meat.  Everytime I try to make a stuffed meat that involves rolling, the filling mostly squishes out and there is no pinwheel.  Mine are more of a fold in half than a roll.  I think it's my own fault because I never pound the meat out, but instead try to cut it really thin (who can pound meat when their toddler is sleeping??).  So, mine are always semi stuffed, but the flavor is still there.

Rosemary Pesto Stuffed Pork Loin
recipe from: http://www.designsofanykind.com/rosemary-pesto-stuffed-pork-loin-blood-orange-carrots/
Ok guys...I was just looking back at this recipe and I really messed this one up.  Mistake 1;  I didn't make my own pesto because who has time?  Instead I bought a pesto and added rosemary.  Probably not the best idea since the recipe is a parsley rosemary pesto and mine was a basil rosemary pesto.  Mistake 2; I completely neglected to make a gravy like it says to do at the end of the recipe.  This would have been sooooo much better with gravy.  Without it, it was a little dry.  Oh, and I didn't even attempt to make their carrot recipe.  Basically, I didn't follow the recipe at all.  Hmmm....Maybe I'll have to try this one again.

Grades:

Megan - C (I think if I would have actually read and followed the recipe instead of just buying some pork and stuffing it with store bought pesto it would have been good.  My version...not so much.  It was too dry.)

Noelle - C- (Noelle had no comment on this one, but her sudden lack of appetite after eating a bit of it was enough of a comment to me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment