Search this blog

Thursday, September 14, 2017

August 18th

So Simple Yet So Satisfying

BLTs are only a few things; bread, bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes.  But there's something about those simple ingredients coming together to make a delicious sandwich.  If you read this blog, you know I'm on a diet, so my sandwich days are limited.  However, why not make a delicious sandwich into a great salad?  I'm starting to learn that almost anything can be turned into a salad!

BLT Bowl
recipe from: http://www.thelondoner.me/2014/01/blt-bowl.html
This is a little bit different than a BLT sandwich because there's a few additions like cheese and cucumber.  Because let's face it, without the bread, a BLT is not too satisfying.  This salad however, was very satisfying! 
Because of my diet I had to make a choice between the avocado and the cheese, and of course I chose the less healthy cheese.  Doug got to have avocado and cheese - lucky him!  I also used turkey bacon and honestly, when it's all mixed into the other salad ingredients, you can't tell much of a difference.

Grades:

Megan - A- (This salad was good, I've just had some other superstar salads lately that kinda make this one seem a little less good.  I'd definitely make it again though.  And maybe someday I'll get to have the avocado and cheese!)

Noelle - Salad = Nope

No comments:

Post a Comment