Search this blog

Monday, September 11, 2017

August 16th

Watch Out for the Healthy Ones

So, when you make an unhealthy dinner, you pretty much know it's gonna be good even if it's a new recipe.  I mean if it's loaded up with carbs, cheese, or butter how can it not be good?
It's those healthy recipes you have to watch out for.  I've been trying a lot of new healthy recipes lately and they involve a lot of substitutions for what would be unhealthy ingredients.  Sometimes it works out great, sometimes not so much.  I think a healthy recipe is a lot harder to make delicious than an unhealthy one, but you just gotta do some trial and error.

21 Day Fix Swedish Meatballs
recipe from: https://mycrazygoodlife.com/easy-instant-pot-swedish-meatballs-recipe-21-day-fix-swedish-meatballs/




So, I was debating between two recipes for "lightened up Swedish Meatballs." One had cream cheese in the sauce and one used greek yogurt.  I went for the greek yogurt one because I figured it would be healthier.  Next time I'll choose the cheese.  I think these would have been good had the greek yogurt not gotten all weird on me. 

First of all, I do not have an instant pot, so I just made them in a pan on the stove the old fashioned way. 

Secondly, the recipe specifically says to let the sauce cool before adding the greek yogurt or it will curdle.  I did that, but then I was like, I can't put cold sauce on my meatballs, so I decided to heat it back up a little.  That's where the greek yogurt got mad and gross.  I think I'll try the other recipe next time that uses cream cheese in the sauce instead of greek yogurt.  Because besides the strange clumpiness of the greek yogurt, it also had a different flavor that I wasn't particularly fond of in the sauce. 

Grades:

Megan - D (Greek yogurt can not be heated.  It has been tested and it is true.)

Noelle - D- (I can't blame her...these were not my greatest.)

No comments:

Post a Comment