Search this blog

Friday, February 3, 2017

January 26th

If it feels like Russia...

It's winter and it's cold.  I've never been to Russia, but I'd imagine the frozen tundra feels a bit like a Chicago winter.  Okay, I suppose it's worse than that, but Chicago's winters are still pretty bad.  I don't know if they truly eat stroganoff in Russia, but to me it feels very Russian.

Beef Stroganoff

Recipe from: Maureen Konieczny
This recipe was previously featured on my blog.  Click here for the recipe: https://dailydoseofdinner.blogspot.com/2012/03/dining-like-drapers.html


This is one of my favorite childhood recipes.  My sauce turned out a little runny.  I'm not sure what the solution to that is.  Maybe add flour? maybe reduce it longer? Maybe add less wine/broth?  Even with a thin sauce, it still tasted good.

Grades:

Megan - A- (It would've been a solid A, but the runny sauce brought it down a bit.)

Doug - B

Noelle - A (Noelle ate a huge serving of this.  She didn't really have anything exciting to say about it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment