Search this blog

Saturday, February 25, 2017

February 23rd

Cans Can Do It

This recipe came from a blog where she was making a dinner using all canned goods.  Pretty easy...open up the cans and make a delicious soup.

Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
recipe from: http://lmld.org/2016/09/19/slow-cooker-chicken-enchilada-soup/

I made a few changes to this recipe.  While I used a few canned goods, I also used some fresh ingredients.  I used frozen corn instead of canned.  I also did not used canned chicken broth and I used fresh garlic, avocado, cilantro, and cheese.  It would be really good with tortilla chips on it, but I was trying to stay healthy. Finally, I don't have a slow cooker, so I made it on the stove top.

Grades:

Megan - A (This soup had a really great flavor and was really simple to make.  I think it would also be good with beef or just leaving out the meat all together and making it vegetarian.)

Doug - A-

Noelle - C- (Noelle started out eating a little of everything in this soup, but after a few bites only wanted the broth again.  I think it might have been a little spicy for her.)

No comments:

Post a Comment