Search this blog

Saturday, February 4, 2017

February 3rd

A Real Dinner

I went grocery shopping and got out of vacation-mode to cook a real dinner!  I have to say it felt good cooking again.  I'm sure tomorrow it will go back to just being a chore, but for tonight, I'll enjoy it!

Salisbury Steak Meatballs

recipe from: www.skinnytaste.com/salisbury-steak-meatballs-instant-pot-stove-top-slow-cooker/






I almost never make meatballs, but I have already made two types this year.  I guess meatballs usually sound like a good hearty winter dinner to me...especially ones like these with a mushroom gravy.  This was another dinner that felt very Midwestern to me. 
It was really simple to make and on the website, she gives directions for cooking it three different ways; on the stove top (which I did), in an instant pot, or in a slow cooker.  The only change I made was instead of using half ground beef and half turkey, I used all 96% lean ground beef.  It turned out fine with just the ground beef and since I used the super-lean stuff I don't think I was adding that much more fat.

Grades:

Megan - B (I liked them but thought they were a little bland.  I would make them again, but add a little more seasoning.  I'd  add more salt and pepper, and then maybe some garlic, and perhaps a little wine to the sauce.)

Doug - B+

Noelle - B+ (Noelle started out eating these so fast she was literally out of breath and I thought for sure they were going to get an A+.  But then she got a big piece of mushroom.  Usually she likes mushrooms, but I guess not today.  She actually made herself cough and the mushroom shot out of her mouth.  Ew.  Then she said, "no more mushrooms" and continued eating just the meatballs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment