Search this blog

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

February 6th

Baby Food Anyone?

This was a pureed soup and whenever I eat pureed soups they kind of remind me of baby food.  Sorry...that doesn't make it seem appetizing, but it's what I think of when I'm looking at it.

Bacon-Sweet Potato Soup
recipe from: http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a49758/baconsweet-potato-soup-recipe/


The website I got this from calls it a Fall soup, and I'd have to agree.  It felt pretty fall-ish.  However, I still enjoyed it in the winter.
I already told you I thought this soup looked like baby food and it does.  But, it doesn't taste like baby food (unless it tastes like really good, fancy baby food...I'm not a baby food connoisseur.)
I started out not really sure if I liked the flavor of this because I found it very weird that it had lime juice in it.  However, after a few bites, I got used to the flavor and then ended up really, really liking it.  I think the lime juice added a sweet, tart dimension and without it the flavor might have been a little flat.

Grades:

Megan - B+ (I'd make it again.  It's really healthy [except for the bacon...which I'd add more of], filling, and quite tasty.  I think next time I'll eat it in Fall.)

Doug - B+

Noelle - A (Noelle was shoveling this into her mouth.  She loves sweet potatoes and apparently loves bacon because she was really happy to find little bacon surprises in it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment