Search this blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

February 16th

Take-Out at Home

I'm not going to lie...nothing is easier than picking up the phone and ordering take-out.  However, some take-out meals can be prepared at home really easily too (and for cheaper).  This is one of them.

Chinese Hot and Sour Soup
recipe from: http://www.closetcooking.com/2009/01/chinese-hot-and-sour-soup.html





This is a vegetarian meal and is really simple to make.  I wasn't sure how it would taste, but it turned out really good!  I haven't had much hot and sour soup to compare it to, but I think it was a good take-out imposter.

Grades: 

Megan - A- (I liked the flavor and the different textures of the vegetables.  I wish I would've added a little more hot sauce, but I was trying not to make it too spicy for Noelle.  She ended up not having it anyway.)

Doug - B

Noelle - D+ (Noelle was intrigued that there were eggs in it because she loves eggs, but she quickly realized that she couldn't taste the eggs anyway.  She hasn't been a fan of mushrooms lately, so she wasn't into those.  She was enjoying the tofu for a few bites and then decided she only wanted soup, aka-broth. )

No comments:

Post a Comment