Search this blog

Saturday, February 25, 2017

February 24th

Friday Fish Fry

I've always said that the only way I like to eat fish is if it's fried.  I was a little nervous about Catfish since it gets a bad rep for flavor.  However, this recipe is from my sister's friend who is from Louisiana.  I figured if anyone knows how to make Catfish, it would be her. 

Fried Catfish in Lettuce Cups with Sauce Gribiche 
recipe from: http://chocolateandmarrow.com/2016/03/01/fried-catfish-lettuce-sauce-gribiche-recipe/


Check out this blog...I've made a few of her recipes and they all have turned out delish.  She also had great stories and beautiful pictures!
This Catfish turned out crispy and delicious.  I liked the fresh taste the lettuce cups added to balance the fried fish.  I think I used too many shallots in the sauce, but it was still really good.

Grades:

Megan - A (The fish had a really nice crisp coating and the sauce added a great fresh flavor.)

Doug - B+

Noelle -A (Noelle was shoveling this into her mouth as fast as I could say "catfish."  She seemed to enjoy the "dip" [aka: Gribiche Sauce] at first, however after a few tries she was gagging on it.  She still accepted a second serving of fish though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment