Search this blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

February 10th

Pretending to be a Vegetarian

A lot goes into my meal planning for the week.  First of all, I have to make sure it isn't something I've already eaten this year.  Then, each week I try as best as I can to make only one chicken dish, one beef dish, one pork (or other meat/fish) dish, and one vegetarian dish.  I also try to make one soup every week in the fall/winter and then Doug makes a stew.  It sounds silly, but it's a lot of work figuring it out! 
The vegetarian dishes are always hard for me to think of.  It's hard to find something healthy, vegetarian, and filling enough to be a main dish.  This one does a pretty good job of meeting all those criteria.

Quinoa Enchilada Casserole
recipe from: http://damndelicious.net/2014/07/07/quinoa-enchilada-casserole/





I took a picture of this one before I dished it out because it really just looked like a messy blob after I put it on the plates. 
I added a little hot sauce to this and it was pretty tasty.  I really didn't miss the meat!

Grades:

Megan - B+ (I liked the flavor and the fact that it was easy to make.)

Doug - B

Noelle - C (I'm not sure why Noelle didn't like this more...maybe the spice?  She enjoyed finding and eating all the avocados from it and then ate all the black beans.  After those were gone, she wasn't that into it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment