Search this blog

Friday, February 10, 2017

February 9th

The Opposite of Pizza

I recently found out that today was "National Pizza Day."  I REALLY wish I had pizza for dinner tonight.  It sounds sooooo good.  This did not sound good to me tonight, but actually surprised me and tasted better than I expected. I still wish we had pizza though.

Beef Tagine with Butternut Squash
recipe from: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/beef-tagine-with-squash





Doug said my title doesn't make any sense because how is this  the opposite of pizza?  To me it's perfectly clear...think of pizza.  Now think of something that is about as far away from pizza as you can get.  Yes! Beef tagine is nothing like pizza...the opposite of pizza.
I made a few mistakes with this recipe.  I forgot to coat the meat in the spices before starting to cook it in the pan (oops...guess I shouldn't talk on the phone while cooking dinner.) So I just added the spices into the pan with the cooking beef.  I don't know if it made much of a difference.  I also bought beef stew meat, which I think was a mistake.  Beef stew meat is great because it's inexpensive and when you cook it for a long time in a stew it becomes tender.  This doesn't cook for a long time though, so the beef was pretty tough.  The recipe doesn't say what to serve it with, so I served it over brown rice and I think that was a good choice.

Grades:

Megan - B+ (I liked the flavors, but I wish the beef was more tender.)

Doug - B

Noelle -C (Noelle only liked the beef.  She ate all the beef, but after a few bites of squash, she said "no more squash."  Funny, because she normally likes squash and I thought that would be her favorite part.)

No comments:

Post a Comment