Search this blog

Sunday, April 2, 2017

March 31st

Dirty Grain

Oh quinoa, why are you so dirty?  The thing I hate most about making quinoa is rinsing it.  Why does it have to be rinsed?  Why is it so dirty?  We don't have to rinse rice before cooking it...why quinoa?

Garlic and Thyme Quinoa Patties
recipe from: http://www.cookrepublic.com/garlic-and-thyme-quinoa-patties/


I did not think these were going to be very good, but they were!  They had a good thyme flavor and I liked the crispy outsides.  I would add more thyme and garlic than the recipe calls for to add extra flavor.
Another thing I did was mix my chopped onions in with the quinoa after it cooked while it was still hot.  This helped soften up the onions a little so we didn't get bites of raw onion.
You must make sure you cook them long enough to get the outsides crispy.  They were good served with a little ketchup.

Grades:

Megan - A- (These had good flavor and were easy to make.)

Noelle -C (Noelle started out really excited about these because she thought they were some kind of chicken nuggets and since I served her the whole patty she wanted to "pick it up and take bites."  She was ok with the first few bites, but then when she realized it wasn't what she thought it was, she was not into it.  Maybe I should've given her some ketchup.)

No comments:

Post a Comment