Search this blog

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

April 10th

It's Cheesy!

Whenever I serve something to Noelle with melted, stringy cheese she always exclaims, "It's cheesy!"  I felt like yelling that while I was eating these cheesy masterpieces.

Soy Chorizo Quesadillas
no recipe...this is pretty basic





I love quesadillas...who doesn't!?  I made these with soy chorizo from Trader Joe's.  Doug always complains that I use the soy chorizo instead of the real thing, but I do it for a couple reasons.  First, I think it's slightly healthier and definitely less greasy.  Second, I like that there are no "mystery bites" like you get with some real chorizo...I don't know if I want to know what that stuff is made of.
I also made them with Chihuahua cheese.  We always joke when we use that cheese that Winnie must be so tired from being milked so much.  But, in all reality, chihuahua cheese is an awesome melting cheese and has a great flavor.
The final key to making awesome quesadillas is the toppings.  I made a little pico de gallo with chopped tomatoes and onions.  I also made a simple guacamole and had sour cream.

Grades:

Megan - A (These were absolutely delicious...restaurant quality quesadillas.)

Noelle - B+ (Noelle was initially excited about the idea of having quesadillas and when I said I was making them she immediately said, "I have to go cook some quesadillas for daddy!"  She went in her room, cooked some up in her play kitchen, and placed them in the daddy food shrine [whenever her dad is at work and she cooks him some food, she puts it on the floor right by the front door so he can eat it when he gets home.] Then she sat down to have her dinner.  She was a little taken aback by the chorizo since she's used to having hers plain.  But, she ended up eating almost all of it.  She wasn't into the toppings, which I though was crazy because they were delicious.)

No comments:

Post a Comment