Search this blog

Saturday, April 1, 2017

March 30th

Not Picatta

Doug thought this was chicken piccata upon first glance.  But, it is quite different.  I'd say it's more garlicy than lemony and has a lot of onions while piccata has none.  Get it straight!

Lemon Chicken Scallopini with Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce
recipe from: https://cafedelites.com/2017/03/05/lemon-chicken-scallopini-with-lemon-garlic-cream-sauce/


So, mine turned out a lot more brown than the pictures on the blog, but it still tasted good.  I think I burned the oil/ butter a bit when I was cooking the chicken and that's why my sauce came out so brown.  Next time, I'd probably scrape out the pan after cooking the chicken and add new butter and oil...but then you loose all that good chicken flavor.  Tough decision...maybe it's better just having brown sauce.

Grades:

Megan - B+ (I liked the flavors and my chicken was very tender and juicy.  The sauce was quite delicious too.)

Noelle - B+ (It's hard to tell what Noelle thought about this because I was mad at her during dinner and she was in trouble, so there wasn't much talking going on.  She ate a big piece though, so I think she liked it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment