Search this blog

Monday, April 17, 2017

April 15th

Casserole Time

Casseroles are packed full of lots of flavors and usually lots of cream and/or cheese.  They also used very few dishes and are typically pretty easy to make.  That's why I like them.

Cheesy Sweet Corn Tamale Pie
recipe from: http://www.thehopelesshousewife.com/?hhw_recipes=cheesy-sweet-corn-tamale-pie#.WPVYWRCGIww





This one sounded so good.  Unfortunately it didn't live up to the hype in my head.  It's full of cheese and chilis and topped with delicious toppings.  It was just a little too cornmealy.  Doug didn't really like it at all, but I thought even though it was a little strange, it was pretty good.  I think if I would have baked it a little longer and let it brown more, it would have tasted better.  But when hunger calls it's hard to wait too long!

Grades:

Megan - C (The texture and cornmeal taste was a little strange, but I actually ended up liking it.  It has a good corn taste and a little sweetness from the corn as well.  If I made it again I would bake it longer to get it more crispy.)

Noelle - F (Noelle wasn't impressed with the way this looked or the way it tasted.  She did want to eat the avocados, but wasn't really even into those when she realized there was cornmeal on them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment