Search this blog

Monday, April 3, 2017

April 2nd

Sandwich Sundays

Just like the soups are gone during the week, the Stew Sundays are also over.  It's bittersweet because it means I have to make dinner on Sundays again.  But it's awesome because we get sandwiches, and really sandwiches are the best!

Fig and Prosciutto Sandwich
recipe from: http://slowrobot.com/i/41325





I don't know if I've ever had a sandwich I didn't like.
These were delicious even though I slightly burnt the bread. If you read this blog, you know about my love of prosciutto.  My perfect cheese plate pretty much consists of cheese, prosciutto, bread and dried figs.  This sandwich is like the perfect cheese plate all wrapped up.
The ciabatta bread is thick and crusty so it makes it hard to melt the cheese without burning the bread.  Next time I'd take the cheese out of the fridge and let it warm up a bit before putting it on the bread so it could get more melty.

Grades:

Megan - A- (I loved it, just wished the cheese was more melty.)

Noelle - B+ (Noelle was saying "Yummy, yummy, yummy in my tummy" while eating this.  For some reason midway through she decided she didn't like the prosciutto and for that reason I dropped her grade down from and A.  I happily ate her prosciutto and then she eagerly ate the rest.  I don't know how I'll live with the idea of my daughter not liking prosciutto.)



No comments:

Post a Comment