Search this blog

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

April 9th

Copycat

I love making copycat recipes for some of my favorite foods for restaurants.  I've found that it's hard to get a good copycat recipe, but every once in a while it turns out just like the restaurant.

Bacon Egg and Cheese Bagel
recipe from: http://www.food.com/recipe/bacon-egg-cheese-bagel-264938





I've never been a big breakfast sandwich person, but I love McDonald's bacon, egg, and cheese bagel.  It so greasy, yet so good.  This was supposed to be a copycat of that, but it didn't taste nearly as good as the real thing.  I think the sauce was too mustardy and there just wasn't enough grease!

Grades:

Megan - B- (This was just ok.  It needed more flavor and needed to be less mustardy.)

Noelle - B+ (When Noelle saw this, the first thing she said was, "I get eggs!"  She took a few bites of the sandwich, but then preferred to eat it deconstructed.  She ate the bagel and the eggs.  I don't think she really likes bacon (what's wrong with her?).  Then she said she didn't like the cheese. )

No comments:

Post a Comment