Search this blog

Monday, January 2, 2017

January 1st

A Rough Start to the New Year

Our 2017 has been off to a bad start.  I have a bad cold and Noelle has been pretty sick for the past week.  Hopefully this is not an indicator of how the whole year will go!

The plan was to go to a party and have dinner there.  We weren't going to go due to illness, but I decided I needed to get out of the house and enjoy the company of others since I've been cooped up with a sick toddler for way too long.

We had a delicious dinner prepared by my aunt (Doug and Noelle had the leftovers I brought home).  I forgot to take a picture of my dinner at the party, so it's a leftovers picture...sorry I still need to get used to taking photos of all my dinners!

We had Italian beef sandwiches and quinoa salad.  My aunt made the beef.  If you aren't from Chicago, you might not know about Italian beef.  It is crazy to me that this deliciousness has not gained widespread popularity in other cities!  It's basically beef cooked in yummy herbs and spices for a long time (you can tell I don't know how to make it).  Then you put it on a bun and add some of the beef au jus (or soak the bun in the juice if you're like me).  If you are ever in Chicago, you have to get Italian Beef.  So good and so hard to believe I won't be having this again until 2018!

The quinoa salad was from Costco and was delicious - I recommend it for something fresh and healthy.

Then there's the unhealthy part...because the diet always starts tomorrow, right?

Grades:

Megan - A+  (so delicious and I didn't have to cook it!)
Doug - B+ (Doug liked the beef a lot but thought the quinoa salad was "too cucumber-y" which isn't good for him since he doesn't like cucumbers)
Noelle - B (she liked the beef but it's hard to tell how much because she didn't eat much since she's sick.  She was not a fan of the salad, but she never likes any salads)

No comments:

Post a Comment