Search this blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

January 23rd

Monday

Mondays are always the hardest day of the week in my opinion.  The weekend is over and there's a full week ahead of you.  This dinner didn't help make my Monday any better.

Ahi Tuna with Avocado Orange Salsa

salsa recipe from: The Complete America's Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013





I told you before...I'm not a fan of fish unless it's fried or shellfish.  This was neither of those and as predicted, I wasn't a fan. 
When I'm grocery shopping I always think, "I'll get fish.  It's healthy and my family likes it."  but then when the night comes to eat it, I always think, "Why did I buy this?!"
The fish was frozen Ahi Tuna steaks from Trader Joe's.  I just put salt and pepper on them and sauteed them in olive oil. 
The salsa was very good...it would've been even better if it were on something besides that fish!

Avocado Orange Salsa

Ingredients:

  • 1 large orange, peeled and cut into ½-inch pieces
  • 1 avocado, pitted and cut into ½-inch cubes
  • 2 tablespoons minced red onion
  • 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
  • 1 small jalapeƱo chile, stemmed, seeded and minced
  • 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
  • Salt to taste
Directions:
  1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, adding salt to taste.
Grades:

Megan - F (I just need to stop trying to be healthy and accept that I don't like fish.  I tried a bite [just like I make Noelle do] and I did not like it at all.  The salsa was great though...I ended up eating that for my dinner.  Oh, and there were those grey looking artichokes for a side that didn't help anything.)

Doug - B+

Noelle - A- (Noelle is nothing like me and loves fish [even though she calls it chicken no matter how many times I correct her].  She was super excited there were avocados.  Then, when those were gone she found any piece of fish that had anything green on it and said "oh, there's a little avocado on there."  She ate it all.  Except the onions.  Even though they were chopped up super tiny, she found them all and made sure none stayed in her mouth.)

No comments:

Post a Comment