Search this blog

Monday, January 16, 2017

January 15th

A Big BBQ Dinner

I didn't have anything planned for dinner tonight, so we ordered carry out.  We ordered way too much food from Q Bbq in Oak Park, IL.

Burnt Ends and BBQ Chicken






Doug and I each ordered a dinner from Q Bbq and we split the meats (burnt brisket ends and chicken).  Each of our dinners also came with two sides and two hush puppies.  It was a lot of food and neither of us finished. 

The burnt ends are my favorite thing at Q Bbq.  They are the charred, delicious ends of the brisket and are so full of flavor.  The restaurant has a variety of different bbq sauces, but I think my favorite is the Carolina sauce - I love the vinegar taste in it. 

I never had the bbq chicken from there and I was impressed by it.  It had a lot of flavor and was very moist.  It would be great on a sandwich.

One of my favorite things about eating at Q Bbq are the sides.  They have a good selection of sides and every one I've had has been extremely tasty.  I honestly think I could make a dinner of just the sides (hmm...maybe I'll do that next time).  Every meal comes with hush puppies.  I don't really know what they are except that they taste like fried deliciousness.  I ordered the Mexican corn which is corn with a spicy lime mayo....yum!  And I had the baked beans.  Doug had cornbread and mashed potatoes with gravy.

Grades:

Megan - B+ (Q Bbq is really good.  Next time I'll get a sandwich instead of just the meat - I like that better.)

Doug - A-

Noelle - D- (Noelle wasn't in the mood to eat any of her food when I gave her this, so I don't know if she didn't like it or if she just wasn't hungry.  I think it was more of the latter.  Either way, she was much more into playing with her food and trying to feed it to her baby than eating. Grrr...)

No comments:

Post a Comment