Search this blog

Saturday, January 21, 2017

January 20th

Do Kings Like Chicken?

This dish is called Imperial Chicken.  I have no idea why.  The recipe is from my mom, who got it from her mom.  I did a very brief Google search and apparently it's a real recipe that people outside of my family have made.  I couldn't find any reason for the name though.  I'm going to say it's called Imperial Chicken because it's so good, it's fit for royalty.

Imperial Chicken

recipe from: Eileen Mulvaney (my grandmother)





So, this picture really does not do this chicken justice.  I'm telling you...it's imperial!  It tastes imperial and it looks much more imperial than my photo.  It has a crunchy, garlicky (I always add 2-3 times the amount of garlic it suggests), buttery crust.  But, it's healthier because it's not fried (just don't think about all that butter you dip it in/pour over it.)  Cook it, serve it, and expect to feel like royalty while you're eating it.

Ingredients:

  • 1 C dried breadcrumbs (unseasoned)
  • 1/3 C grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup minced parsley (I used dried parsley)
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp pepper
  • 3/4 C melted butter
  • 2 Large cloves garlic (I used about 3 times this amount!)
  • 3 lbs chicken breasts
Directions:
  1. Blend crumbs, cheese and parsley, salt and pepper.
  2. Melt the butter and add garlic.  Cook garlic for about 30 seconds - 1 minute or until fragrant.
  3. Dip the chicken in butter and garlic mixture, then into crumbs, coating thoroughly.
  4. Arrange chicken in a single layer on a shallow pan.
  5. Drizzle any remaining butter and garlic over the chicken. 
  6. Bake uncovered at 350 for one hour or until fork tender (will probably not need full hour).
Grades:

Megan - A (this is one of my favorite go-to dinners.  It's quick and delicious.)

Doug - A-

Noelle - B+ (Noelle seemed like she liked this...she wasn't very hungry when I fed it to her so it was hard to tell what grade she gave it.  Maybe if she had been hungry it would've been higher.  Or, maybe she just wanted to go with the theme more and eat it with a crown on.)

No comments:

Post a Comment