Search this blog

Thursday, January 19, 2017

January 18th

So Warm and Cozy

Whenever Noelle is cold and we put a blanket, coat, or some other thing to keep warm on her, she always says, "I'm so warm and cozy."  Today was a chilly, gloomy day and this soup was the perfect thing to warm me up and make me feel warm and cozy.

Vegetable Barley Soup

recipe from: http://www.fromachefskitchen.com/italian-vegetable-barley-soup/


This soup is healthy and tastes good, a rare combination!  The recipe calls for tomato juice in the soup and I forgot to buy it.  The soup was still good without it, but I think it would've been thicker and a little more flavorful with the juice.  I also did not add the cabbage since Doug doesn't like it.  Instead, I had an extra leek in the fridge so I threw that in and I added extra zucchini and yellow squash.  I ate this for leftovers the next day and I think the flavor was even better!

Grades:

Megan - B+ (I liked that it had a good vegetable flavor and seemed hearty with the barley while staying fairly healthy.)

Doug - B+

Noelle -F (Noelle's opinion of my food has really been bad lately.  She's been sick so that could be part of it...at least that's what I'll tell myself. I even tried telling her that daddy made it and that it was Grandpere's veggie soup and she still didn't like it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment