Search this blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

January 9th

One Skillet Supper

I always love dinners that use as few dishes as possible because the worst part about cooking is cleaning up the dishes.  This dinner is great because it only uses one pan! 

Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet

recipe from: Primaverakitchen.com (here's the link to the recipe: http://www.primaverakitchen.com/ground-turkey-sweet-potato-skillet/)


This dinner is healthy and perfect for a quick, easy comfort meal.  I only changed two things from the recipe.  First, I covered the pan with a lid while the potatoes were cooking.  The lid trapped some moisture, which helped cook the potatoes more quickly.  Second, I did not use the oven.  Really, who has time to use the oven just to melt some cheese!?  Instead, I sprinkled the cheese on top and covered the pan with a lid to melt the cheese.  It didn't brown like it would have in the oven, but it tasted the same.

Grades:

Megan - A- (I liked the flavor, liked that it was healthy, and liked that it was quick and easy to make.  And I liked the red pepper flakes in it!)

Doug - B+

Noelle -D- (I'll never figure this girl out.  I thought she would love this one since she is obsessed with sweet potatoes.  She barely ate any of it and what she did eat, she had to be strongly coerced into eating.  She did ask me at first if daddy made it and I said no, mommy made it.  Maybe if I would've said daddy made it she would've liked it???  I think she didn't like the spice from the red pepper flakes.  I thought I added few enough that it wouldn't bother her, but next time I'll try making her portion without any pepper.)

No comments:

Post a Comment