Search this blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

January 2nd

Dinner by Doug

Typically in the cold-weather months, Doug makes a stew every Sunday.  We were busy with holiday stuff and he never got around to making this one, so he did it on a Monday.

Texas Chili
recipe from Mark Rippetoe - the recipe can found in this link under "Rip's Chili Recipe" http://startingstrength.com/report/the-report-november-14-2016


Apparently, real Texas chili has no beans or tomatoes.  According to this guy it doesn't have anything except meat and spices/peppers.  It was good, but I think I like my chili with a little more stuff in it.  Also, we were trying to be healthy and didn't put cheese on it...that would've made it better because cheese makes everything better.

Grades:
Megan - C+ (I thought it was too plain and needed more than just meat. I like other chili recipes better.)

Doug - A- (Doug liked it, but wished it was spicier.)

Noelle - A- (I wasn't sure if Noelle would like this or think it was too spicy. She ate a lot of it and seemed to enjoy it.  Part of that could be because I told her daddy made it and she likes anything daddy makes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment