Search this blog

Sunday, January 22, 2017

January 22nd

We Did Not Eat at 3 Floyds

We were supposed to go to 3 Floyds brewery tonight for dinner but found out last minute that they closed early today.  My sister got us reservations at Old Town Pour House in Oakbrook, IL instead.  While there was no heavy metal music or violent action movies, it still had lots of beer and was a fine substitution.

Old Town Pour House
Oakbrook, IL

Once again...I forgot to take pictures of my food.  But here's what we had:

Appetizers:
- fried calamari
- crab fondue

Entree:
- Megan - Fish and Chips
- Doug - Grilled Chicken sandwich
- Noelle - mini cheeseburgers and fries

Old Town Pour House is an upscale sports bar/restaurant that has 90 beers on tap.  No bottles or cans.  It was pretty noisy in there, but a great place to watch a game.  They also had awesome Wiki Stix for the kids to play with while they waited for the food.  And they had my all time favorite beer - Cuvee Des Jacobins Rouge.

Grades:

Megan - A (My food was tasty and even though they got my order mixed up and I had to wait for my food, they were very apologetic and nice about it.  The calamari was great.  I wouldn't order the crab fondue again - too runny and crabby tasting.  The fish and chips were typical fish and chips and were good.)

Doug - B (He says "B for the food, A- for the beer.")

Noelle - A+ (Noelle and Leila both loved the calamari.  It was a little weird to see them going nuts over little squid tentacles.  Noelle kinda liked the crab fondue.  She loved her little cheeseburgers and fries and ate a lot of food.  She also liked playing with the Wiki Stix - it was a nice change-up from the typical crayons and paper that she's never really into.)
Grades:

No comments:

Post a Comment