Search this blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

January 24th

Taco Tuesday

There are some classic dinners my family ate when I was growing up.  Some of them might be normal classics, some maybe not so much.  But I guess they were my mom's go-to dinners...spaghetti with meat sauce, macaroni and cheese with fish sticks, beef enchiladas, chicken kiev, and tacos.  This was a classic dinner night.

Classic Tacos

no recipe folks...everyone knows how to make a taco, right?





In order for these to be classic tacos, you can't try to be fancy.  No special sauces, no cilantro, no avocados.  Just ground beef with taco seasoning, cheese, tomatoes, and lettuce.  Maybe some store bought taco sauce...but that's as fancy as it gets.  Oh, and flour tortillas.  No chia seeds in them or spinach...just flour tortillas.  I served them with some refried beans.

Grades:

Megan - A (I don't think anyone can really mess up tacos.  I mean they're pretty much good any way you make them...even if they're not made that great like mine tonight.)

Doug - A- (Doug says "Who doesn't like tacos?")

Noelle - A (Noelle was happy there were tomatoes in them because she likes tomatoes just as much as candy.  She wanted more tomatoes and kept saying that they were hiding in the ground beef [I guess she likes when her food is hiding].  She also has recently been interested in where her food goes when she eats it, so she informed me many times that the tacos were in her belly and we couldn't see them anymore. In addition, she loves black beans more than the average person, so the refried beans were quite a treat for her.)

No comments:

Post a Comment