Search this blog

Saturday, January 14, 2017

January 13th

Classic Italian

One way we can afford for me to be a stay-at-home mom is by not eating out for dinner very often. But, with dinners like this I can feel like I am eating restaurant-quality food without the restaurant price. Buon Appetito!

Eggplant Parmesan

recipe from: Maureen Konieczny
This recipe was previously featured on my blog and includes step-by-step instructions and pictures.  Check it out here: https://dailydoseofdinner.blogspot.com/2011/12/and-im-backwith-italian-feast.html






I could've done better with the presentation on this one.  However, I just wanted to eat it, not mess around with garnishes!  I also should've made a side dish, but we're trying to eat healthier, so the perfect side of garlic bread wasn't going to work.  Since the dinner is all vegetables, I thought serving a vegetable side would be silly.  I think a good non-bread side would be ceasar salad.  I'll do that next time.  This time the eggplant was the sole star!

This recipe takes slightly longer than many of my other recipes, but only because it takes a little time to fry up all the eggplant slices.  The recipe is not difficult at all!  If you like eggplant parmesan, you must give this one a try!

Grades:

Megan - A (Love it!)

Doug - B+ (Doug thought the eggplant was cooked very well.  Eggplant it not his favorite though.)

Noelle - A (Noelle kept calling this pizza even though I told her it was eggplant parmesan.  She ate about the same size portion as I did and loved it so much that she didn't even mind her face and fingers getting messy from the sauce!)

No comments:

Post a Comment