Search this blog

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

January 3rd

Being like Julia

Tonight I made a Julia Child's recipe, which to me sounds intimidating.  But, it was simple, quick, and delicious!

Supremes de Volaille aux Champignons (aka Chicken and Mushrooms)

I got the recipe from this site: http://sugarandspice-celeste.blogspot.com/2009/08/chicken-breasts-with-mushrooms-cream.html which is an awesome blog with tons of recipes and pictures...you should check it out!

Active cooking time (time I actually spent doing stuff): 20 minutes
Inactive cooking time (time spent simmering/in the oven when I really wasn't doing anything: 30 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes


As you can tell, these pictures are real.  That's how the food actually looks when I am about to eat it.  It might not look the prettiest, but it sure was tasty!

This is a fancy french chicken dish that is really easy to make and not so fancy in terms of prep work.  I love the taste the wine adds (I used a dry Vermouth) and the mushrooms make me feel like I am eating something healthy. 
FYI... I don't know how Julia Childs likes her chicken, but I prefer mine cooked and therefore I baked it for more than 6 minutes (30 minutes to be exact) and I think you should too.
Another thing I changed from the original recipe was that I did not cover it with buttered parchment paper.  I just covered the pan with a lid and it was fine.

Grades:

Megan - A (I love the wine taste and want to eat a big bowl of just the sauce)

Doug - A- (Doug liked the mushroom taste)

Noelle - A - (Noelle ate more chicken than I have ever seen her eat and commented on how she wanted "more sauce," but she did not like the mushrooms)

No comments:

Post a Comment