Search this blog

Friday, January 6, 2017

January 5th

Indian Inspiration 

I'm always making recipes I find on Pinterest, and this was one of them.  I really like making different ethnic foods because I think it's fun to try new things and it makes me feel like I am traveling even when I'm in my own kitchen.

Lamb Meatballs with a Curried Coconut Cream Sauce

recipe from: http://www.howtocookmeat.com/recipes/lamb/how-to-make-lamb-meatballs.htm

Total cooking time: 25 minutes





A lot of the time when I follow a recipe I add more spices, herbs, garlic, and onions than the recipe calls for because I don't like my food to taste bland.  However, with this recipe I made the mistake of adding too many onions.  I added about double the onions the recipe called for thinking, hey that will just add more flavor.  But, it made it too hard for the meatballs to stick together and hold their shape. So, don't add too many onions.

If I made it again, I also would cook the onions and the peppers before mixing them with the meat because I found that they didn't really cook well when they were added into the meatballs raw (they were still quite crunchy). 

As for the sauce...I wish it would've thickened up more.  Maybe I just didn't cook it long enough.  I never have to patience to let sauces reduce.

Grades:

Megan - B (I'm not the biggest fan of the taste of lamb.  Besides that, I wish the onions would've been less raw.)

Doug - B

Noelle - C (Noelle ate some of the meatballs after I sang the Daniel Tiger classic - "You gotta try new foods cause they might taste good!" [You have to love those Daniel Tiger songs - they really help me get Noelle to do a lot of things!] She wasn't spitting it out or gagging, but she didn't seem very impressed by them and didn't each as much as I expected.)




No comments:

Post a Comment