Search this blog

Thursday, December 14, 2017

October 31st

A Not So Spooky Dinner

I had ideas to make a really creative and fun Halloween dinner tonight, but I think I used up all my ideas and energy when we had our party.  So tonight was just a regular old dinner.  Still delicious, just not very Halloween-y.

Turkey and Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie
recipe from: https://notenoughcinnamon.com/2016/11/15/clean-eating-turkey-sweet-potato-shepherds-pie/
I like shepherd's pie, so when I saw this healthier version, I just had to give it a try!  It might not look like much on my plate, but it was good! The sweet potatoes add a new depth of flavor that you don't get with regular mashed potatoes.  And the flavor inside is a bit different than a traditional shepherd's pie, but I really enjoyed it.

Grades:

Megan - A- (I thought it was like a shepherd's pie, but with a little bit sweeter of a taste. )

Noelle - C (Noelle wasn't too into this.  I think it was because everything was a little too mixed together for her liking.  Also, even though sweet potatoes were one of her favorite foods, she hasn't been liking them much lately.)

No comments:

Post a Comment