Search this blog

Friday, December 8, 2017

October 20th

An Underused Ingredient

Every time I make something with fennel in it, I wonder why I don't use it in more recipes.  They say fennel has a black licorice flavor, but I hate black licorice and I like fennel.  To me it adds a unique flavor to recipes and also gives a nice crunch.  If you haven't ever had fennel, I suggest you give it a try.

Fennel Apple Salad with Walnuts and Arugula 
recipe from: http://www.simplywhisked.com/fennel-apple-salad-walnuts-arugula/
This salad has so much crunchiness and sweetness.  It also has so many fall flavors.  The only thing I changed was to use mixed baby greens instead of just arugula. 

Grades:

Megan - A (There's nothing better than a crisp, fresh salad to make you feel full and healthy at the end of dinner.  This salad is so satisfying because it has the walnuts to help fill you up and the apples to add sweetness.  The fennel bites are like little pops of flavor in your mouth.)

Noelle - Noelle wouldn't have touched this salad, so I didn't even try.

No comments:

Post a Comment